Cluster Conference and Events Sales Manager
What will I be doing?
As a Cluster Conference and Events Sales Manager, you promote the services and facilities of the cluster Hotels to all customers and Guests and cross sell the other products within the Hilton family of brands. The Cluster Conference and Events Sales Manager oversees all Conference and Events Sales offices to ensure active conversion of customer enquiries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Develop future and repeat business contributing to the profitability of the hotel
* Review the Cluster's business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
* Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
* Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the Cluster stays ahead in the local market
* Ensure Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
* Manage and develop the Cluster Conference and Events Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
* Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
* Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedures
* Recruit, manage, train and develop the Conference and Events Sales Team
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
A Cluster Conference and Events Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!