SodexoHealthcarehas a fantastic opportunity for a highly passionate, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to quality, innovations and daily operations to join our team at Duncan Regional Hospital asChef Manager.This position requires a strong culinarian who can handle large events/catering as well as manage the BOH operations in the hospital.
This position will report directly to the General Manager. You will manage and lead the Nutrition Services staff team members in daily food production and catering services. This is a hands on position and will be expected to cook and prepare food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management and some financial reports. Interacts with patients, client and customers on a regular basis. Hires and training unit personnel. Our ideal candidate will be detail oriented and motivated, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure patients, client and guest satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities and specifics:
- Manages culinary aspects of patient and retail operations.
- Computer Skills are a must.
- Must be able to manage a diverse group.
- Daily client interaction.
- Passionate about high quality food and presentation.
- Manage catering operations.
- Must be able to customize menus with creativity and implement current trends.
- Must be flexible with clients.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and think quickly on your feet.
- Managing the daily food production process including production planning and controls
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Maintaining and ensuring HACCP standard
- Inventory management
- Responsible for yearly evaluation and goals for cooks and NSA’s
- Manages all aspects catering menus.
- Conducts walk through of all areas.
- Maintains the Food Management System.
- Responsible for Food and Physical Safety and all HACCP record keeping.
The support from communities within Stephens County has been the tradition of Duncan Regional Hospital since its inception in 1977.
Duncan Regional Hospital has a state-wide reputation as one of the premiere Oklahoma hospitals for medical excellence, advanced technology and nationally recognized high levels of patient satisfaction.
The hospital is located in southwest Oklahoma in the city of Duncan. Duncan Regional Hospital is a 138-bed nationally accredited hospital
Duncan Regional Hospital is a progressive, not-for-profit community hospital that is constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of the community. The team of dedicated healthcare professionals is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized service and care to our patients and their families.Position Summary
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.