Sodexohas an immediate opening for aChef ManageratGeorge Mason Universitylocated inFairfax, VA.
This Chef Manager will lead the development and execution of a new Faculty/Staff Club in a large university setting. Assist in the development and execution of a Food Truck program. Direct oversight of new unit from start up.
Directs daily operations of food production, including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory and food preparation to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, presentation and safe storage of food and solves menu problems (e.g. recipe substitutions).
- Ensures that kitchen, equipment, storage facilities and dining room are sanitary, neat and organized.
- Reviews information and manages records on vendors, inventory, food costs, productivity and personnel.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback and performance evaluations to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexho/client policies and procedures (e.g. HACCP, quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and with standards.
The ability to provide excellent service to external and internal customers. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with internal or external customers that are difficult or upset; reviewing complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint; and treating the customer as if he/she were valuable.
Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex, and/or to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. Role may require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.