Sodexo, leader in quality of life solutions is seeking aChef Managerto join the team atNacogdoches Medical Center. NMC is an 80 bed acute care facility in Nacogdoches Texas. Our kitchen serves on average 40 patient meals as well as providing meals for an excellent staff of nurses and doctors. We are an EFY account with a robust retail operation. This individual need to be able to lead a diverse team in a high volume of production for retail, patients physician dining and catering. Must be able maximize quality and efficiencies.
Reporting to our General manager, you will lead the culinary team and will plan, organize and manage the daily food production in the hospital. Our Chef Manager will be responsible for managing the culinary operations for all food outlets including patient dining, café and catering services. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Labor and food cost controls and compliance
- Menu development and inventory management
- Food cost management
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Chef Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- - have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- - deliver high quality food service;
- - achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- - develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- - create a positive environment; and
- - ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- - has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- - has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- - has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- - can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- - can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Seemore Food Service Management jobs here.
Please visit theSodexoNetwork with Uspage and consider signing up
Take a sneak peak at howSodexocan contribute to your well-being:http://bit.ly/yPf9G.#LI
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.