Grow your career in a Management position with Sodexo! Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager at Grand Lake Gardens in Oakland, CA!
Sodexo currently has a job available for a Chef Manager/Dining Operations Manager to join our Food Service Team at Grand Lake Gardens, in Oakland, California. This position will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the management team on menu development, resident relations, employee training, and innovative dining activitiesat this outstanding account. This Chef Manager will serve as the General Manager in his/her absence.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides hands on leadership and direction for around 15 employees in the back of the house operations.
- Oversees food service production and service for resident dining and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the inventory, purchasing, cost analysis, cost controls, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting the labor cost goals for this account.
- Leads, directs and trains employees to continually improve performance and customer satisfaction;
- Manages all dining events with enthusiasm while providing hands-on guidance during resident and client functions in order to produce outstanding dining experiences.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the dining team, including Sodexo required training.
- Responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensures compliance with Sodexo quality standards.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Drives resident satisfaction through offering superior food quality.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong culinary experience desired.
- Experience with food service operations in restaurant, hotel or senior living environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management/training skillset.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in an upscale food service setting.
- Menu planning and design experience and an understanding of fine dining, special diets and allergens.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. This position will have direct resident and client contact.
- A Focus on food consistency and quality and ability to positively impact resident satisfaction through food presentation and quality.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects as well as take on additional duties as needed.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, as this position will require working some weekends and holidays.
- Experience in resort, retirement community, country clubs or restaurants is ideal.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- Experience managing in a union environment is desired.
- This management role will typically work a schedule of Thursday –Monday 11:00AM-7:30PM
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Take a sneak peek at how SODEXO can contribute to your well-being by visiting our Benefits Center!
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.