Sodexo Chefs are some of the most skilled and respected in the industry. Every day our 3,000 chefs and culinary professionals dish up millions of delicious, nutritious meals. If you are a "foodie" looking for a unique culinary opportunity - look no further!
Sodexo Universities Division is looking for aChef Managerfor UnitedWorld College – a small but growing international boarding school in Montezuma, New Mexico - 1 hour from Santa Fe and 1 1/2 hours from Albuquerque. United World College serves boarding 235 boarding students ages 16 - 20 from 80 different countries. UWC-USA students share meals in the Castle dining hall, a grand room that features two Dale Chihuly sculptures and beautiful architectural details. UWC-USA is located in northern New Mexico, and is one of 14 UWCs located on five continents. Founded in 1982, at UWC-USA students participate in a unique program that combines academic challenge with an experiential, hands-on approach to learning.
This North Central New Mexico account serves about 800 meals a day to 235 students, plus faculty and staff and does Catering for the campus varying from small and simple to large and upscale. There is a lot of diversity and fusion cooking in the menu in an effort to appeal to the tastes of the faculty, staff and students. Many faculty and staff live on campus and a high degree of community involvement is expected of the Sodexo staff in all aspects of the College.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 – 3 years culinary management experienceand sound production experience to oversee and continue to elevate the daily menu offerings while demonstrating a willingness to learn additionalinternational cuisine.
- experience in a multi-faceted dining menu development, constantly developing menus by working closely with the General Manager and the students to offer international cuisine.
- organizational skills and experience using Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory and catering - food costing and inventory control management;
- strong employee engagement - becoming part of the campus community and culture. This position is also part of the experiential learning - teaching culinary courses to the students.
- experience leading and training a diverse culinary staff;
- passion for customer service, both leading by example and teaching it to others.
Why Sodexo at United World College?
This position is agreat opportunityfor a entry level, hands on chef manager to explore culinary career options, expand international culinary development, and interact with students, faculty and staff within this school community. UWC-USA is located in Montezuma, N.M., six miles (10 km) from Las Vegas, N.M., 68 miles (109 km) from Santa Fe, and 123 miles (197 km) from Albuquerque In the mountians of New Mexico it offers beautiful views with lots of out door activites surrounding this area - camping, hiking, even a natural hot spring on campus! for More Info about United World College - visit http://www.uwc-usa.org/page.cfm?p=691
There isRELOCATIONassistance for this unique opportunity!Position Summary
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.