Sodexo is currently seeking aChefto join our team atStanford Healthcarein Palo Alto, California. Stanford University Hospital is a world renowned academic medical center situated in Palo Alto between San Francisco and San Jose. TheChefwill be responsible for the daily food production in the Executive and Physician dining and Executive and Physician catering out of the Bing Dining Room at Stanford Healthcare. This area offers breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday, and supports Executive and Physician catering functions.
This position will be responsible for:
- Supervising 1-2 employees
- Overseeing the lunch-time buffet as well as a la carte from 11:30AM-2:00PM
- Overseeing weekly afternoon catering for private meetings, conferences, plated dinner and buffet reception
- Food inventory and ordering
- Menu planning and food preparation
- Organizing, food preparation, and room preparation for all executive catered events (1-3/day)
- Utilization of Sodexo software systems, Food Management System and Market Connections
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for customer service and customer satisfaction
- Ability to be proactive
- Commitment to quality
- Strong culinary or kitchen production background, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Prior menu planning experience
- Previous management experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize the workload
- Strict attention to detail
- ServSafe certification and have a working knowledge of HACCP
- Experience with Health and Safety audits.
- A passion for culinary arts
- Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing this workforce
Key characteristics for successful candidates include analytical thinking, communication, customer focus, drive and dependability, integrity, innovation, operational and people excellence (interpersonal relations), management philosophy, motivation, supports diversity in the workforce, stress tolerance and flexibility, vision.
Stanford Healthcare has 600 beds, over 2000 nurses and 2000 medical staff. The mission of the hospital is to care, to educate and to innovate. The vision of the hospital is “Healing humanity through science and compassion one patient at a time”. Food Service is a shared service for both Stanford Hospital and the adjacent Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (235 beds). We provide patient dining, retail café operations and onsite catering services.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Supervises cooks and oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, and storage of food. Estimates food consumption and purchases food. May assist in cooking and preparing food as necessary. Responsible for maintaining kitchen and storage facilities in sanitary condition. Responsible for cash management. Interacts with client/customers on a regular basis. This position is the leader for an account/unit chef/production group. This position is in smaller accounts/units where there is not a Executive Chef or Food Production Manager. Reports to General Manager.