Sodexo is seeking candidates for a newly-created Catering Manager 2opening at Creighton University located in Omaha, NE. Be a part of the premier catering business in Omaha and part of a SHOWCASE account for Sodexo! With an enrollment of 8,000 undergraduates, Creighton University again earned the top spot in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s college rankings for Midwest Regional Universities.
Our catering program at Creighton is growing! In this newly-created Catering Manager role, you will assist the Catering Director in overseeing an innovative, high-end catering program for high-profile clients as well as manage the day-to-day scheduling and technical delivery of events including oversight of 20 employees/student staff. You will be charged with executing casual, elegant and sophisticated catering experiences that exceed culinary and service expectations while enhancing client program objectives. Additional duties include helping to oversee Suites and VIP areas within Morrison Stadiumand Ryan Center.
Reporting to the Director of Catering, the ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of catering management experience (full event life-cycle), preferably within a high-volume campus dining setting or hotel setting.
- Proven ability to build/mentor a solid catering team that shares your level of commitment and passion for exceptional catering.
- Proven experience in labor management and control systems.
- Client satisfaction skills; professional demeanor; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events and utilize a systems-based approach to meet each event’s timelines/specifications and quality of product.
- Ability to drive continuous system improvements within a catering program.
To learn more about Creighton University, please visit https://www.creighton.edu/.
To learn more about howSodexocan contribute to yourQuality of Life Click HerePosition Summary
Manages all catered events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints. Develops menu/costing.