Sodexois seeking an experiencedCatering Manager 2for our growing and dynamic catering operations atConverse College located in Spartanburg, SC!Converse College (www.converse.edu)is a high profile account with 500+ Resident Students. Sodexo provides food service management for Resident
Dining, Retail Food Court and high profile, client driven, campus catering. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of the catering operations, focus on providing a high level of customer service and special attention to details. The Catering Manager 2 will understand the importance of providing excellent customer experiencesevery time and will be capable of making decisions that best reflect the Catering Department, Sodexo, and Converse College's mission.
This position has primary event execution responsibilities for all Campus Catering events, as well as Summer Camps & Conferences. Events include VIP and presidential functions, receptions, banquets, buffet meals, casual and executive boxed lunches, beverage breaks, snack breaks, picnics, and other special events.
The Catering manager will oversee the set-up and execution of all catered events. Collaborates on event planning with co-managers in sales and culinary functions. Assists with pricing, menu costing, and billing as needed. Maintains composure in difficult situations. Follows up with clients for feedback after events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Maintains employee and vendor relations to run a successful catering operation. Ensures all HACCP safety protocols are strictly followed by all employees. Assists the GM with establishing operating standards, implementing quality improvements, and communicating them to employees. Meets deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrates eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, passion, and integrity on the job.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and will have:
- demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- excellent event planning skills, and is visionary in regards to buffet presentations and creativity.
- excellent interpersonal skills and is expert in client/customer, guest, and employee relations;
- excellent communication skills;
- ability to work independently and in concert with co-managers to manage the daily operations of the catering department through direct supervision of non-exempt/hourly employees, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, training, and developing employees.
- excellent time management skills, adapts well to dynamic change, and is driven to get the job done with excellence in a timely manner;
- high level of integrity and considers the best interest of our employees, clients/customers, and our operation;
- experience in high volume activity, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems.
Manages all catered events. Hires, schedules, and trains catering staff. Works with clients/customers to arrange and follow through on all catering details and to ensure all special requests are met. Directs setup for events. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving customer complaints. Develops menu/costing.