Location: US - IL - Chicago
Nov 7, 2016
Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Location: New York City
*Monday- Friday work schedule!
* Operate within the budget and identify new ways to improve the development of the business
* Carry out training and development of all staff to enable them to carry out their own duties and responsibilities
* Interviewing, hiring, training and coaching employees
* Participate in employee meetings, reviews and development
* Ensure compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards
* Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
* Bachelors degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
* 2 years upscale food service experience, including 1 year at the supervisory level
* Supervising, scheduling, training, management & coaching skills
* Knowledge of basic work area operations, company and client policies and procedures
* Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
* Operational knowledge and oversee general maintenance of café food service equipments
* Prepare and maintain volume trend analysis report on a daily basis
* Responsible for planning, marketing and executing special events/promotions in the cafe
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
* Ability to delegate tasks effectively in an assertive manner
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills
* Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
* Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage