Location: US - GA - Atlanta
Nov 15, 2016
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Location: Atlanta, GA
* Focus on the floor during service, spending about 90% of the time floor based.
* When not on the floor, come up with exciting promotions, new projects, etc..
* Operate within the budget and identify new ways to improve the development of the business
* Carry out training and development of all staff to enable them to carry out their own duties and responsibilities
* Interviewing, hiring, training and coaching employees
* Participate in employee meetings, reviews and development
* Ensure compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards
* Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
* Bachelors degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
* 2 years upscale food service experience, including 1 year at the supervisory level
* Supervising, scheduling, training, management & coaching skills
* Knowledge of basic work area operations, company and client policies and procedures
* Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
* Operational knowledge and oversee general maintenance of café food service equipments
* Prepare and maintain volume trend analysis report on a daily basis
* Responsible for planning, marketing and executing special events/promotions in the cafe
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
* Ability to delegate tasks effectively in an assertive manner
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* Demonstrates good judgment and decision making skills
* Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
* Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential.
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Food & Beverage