What will I be doing?
A Baker is responsible for preparing, producing and baking breads, rolls and breakfast pastries according to hotel standard recipes, in order to contribute to overall guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
* Prepares, produces and bakes all breakfast pastries, breads and rolls for restaurants and banquets. Mixes, cuts and shapes dough. Requires reading and math skills for recipes, as well as stamina/strength for lifting ingredients.
* May assist Pastry Cook/Chef supervises and works with assistants.
* Maintains an adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of same.
* Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
* Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet/function.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
One year experience in a similar size operation required. Hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Working knowledge of baking standard recipes and food products associated with same, i.e., doughs, fillings, etc.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, kettles, mixers, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport goods weighing a maximum of 350 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport items weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined areas.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!