ASSOCIATE MEETING PLANNER
Location: US - GA - Atlanta
Nov 11, 2016
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
Setting the standard for Conference Center Management, FLIK is on the forefront of the industry. FLIK is uniquely positioned to expertly manage a wide range of operations and has demonstrated abilities in exceeding clients' goals and objectives for their facilities.
FLIK Conference Centers is a fullsolutions provider. FLIK takes full responsibility for the facilities we operate while providing the highest level of customer service.
Working as a Associate Meeting Planner for FLIK will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
The Associate Meeting Planner will interact closely with the Firm’s executives and administrative staff to ensure the seamless planning and coordination of meetings, conferences and other events. Will report to the Senior Meeting Planner and/or Conference Director.
* Handle meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation system and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space so as to maximize utilization
* Monitor the reservation phone line, voicemail and email box.
* Send initial confirmations in connection with bookings and following up at specified intervals prior to the event to confirm the current status of the meeting, the accuracy of participant counts, the need for special equipment, etc.
* Coordinate a wide range of services for meetings which have been booked, including Audio Visual requirements, food and beverage requests, conference room set-ups, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
* Confer with clients before, during and after their events, maintaining a positive relationship and responding to inquiries and requests in a timely manner
* Communicate to all relevant internal departments and subcontractors the specific needs of the client, both in advance of and during the course of meetings
* Produce comprehensive meeting “resumes” in order to document events and share detailed information with all involved departments
* Carry out daily “call-arounds” for next-day events, getting final confirmation of the meeting’s time, number of participants, Audio Visual presentation materials, menus, room set-up, billing information, etc.
* Participate in daily and weekly Planning Meetings, reviewing the details of events which he or she has been working on, answering questions from staff members, and discussing relevant logistical matters
* Participate in “pre-con” meetings involving the client, as well as relevant members of the operations staff, when plans for complex and/or large scale events are being finalized
* Participate in “post-conference/debrief” feedback sessions with the client and relevant members of the operations staff, so as to obtain first-hand comments on certain complex, critical and/or large scale events
* Obtain correct approval and billing information for all expense related activity to include; food and beverage, equipment rentals, etc. Monitoring the accuracy of any such charges
* Enter complete cancellation details into the reservation system, confirming any meeting cancellations to the client by e-mail and applying cancellation charges as appropriate
* Work with the client and the Catering/Foodservices Director to plan standard and special food and beverage events, documenting such events within the reservation system.
* Quickly identify booking conflicts or potential booking conflicts, suggesting solutions and if not immediately resolved, discussing such conflicts with the Senior Meeting Planner.
* Check that meeting rooms are set-up correctly, with the proper equipment and amenities, prior to the start of meetings. Greeting the host upon his or her arrival to the meeting room and ascertaining any new requests
* Respond to numerous phone calls and emails with new meeting requests and special “add-on” information for existing meetings
* Conduct facility site inspections on a monthly basis to ensure pristine condition and maintenance of the property
* Conduct facility tours for prospective clients
* Provide lunchtime and other coverage for members of the Concierge staff
* Knowledge of health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the conference centers and report known issues
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Minimum of two years of conference planning experience in a conference center or corporate environment
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle many tasks simultaneously
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment
* Full knowledge of the conference center reservation system
* Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations
* Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
* Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest of details
* Discreet, ethical and committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
* Excelling as a team member, with a passion for delivering the Platinum Service® standard and focused on total customer satisfaction
* Maintaining a consistently professional approach, with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility both within and outside one’s job domain
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Hotel Manager - General Manager