Assistant Pastry Cook - Part-Time
What will I be doing?
A Assistant Pastry Cook is responsible for working the day to day operations of the pastry kitchen to include the preparation and production of all pastry, bread and dessert items.Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Directs and actively participates with staff to assemble all cakes, pastries, cookies, pies, hot and cold desserts and chocolates, into finished pieces that are eye appealing for restaurants and banquet functions. Adheres to control procedure for food costs, labor costs and food quality.
* Ensures pastry operation meets all Health Department requirements for sanitation, such as proper rotation of merchandise to keep spoilage at a minimum and daily cleaning of ice box and refrigerators.
* Ensures that all food items are prepared and served according to the Executive Pastry Chef's set standards, specifications and recipes.
* Ensures proper storage of all food in refrigerators, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in proper containers and maintaining the appropriate temperature.
* Make fruit coulis and fruit sauces for the outlets and banquet
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
1 year of pastry/baking experience in a similar size operation preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of baking and pastry preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic Mathematical skills sufficient to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate instructions and other information with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoosn, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or transport items weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. with wheel assistance.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport tiems weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined areas.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!