Assistant Director - Food and Beverage
From the design, to the decor, to the menu, Tundra was conceived to evoke the image, the texture and the taste of Canada. The fresh innovative design was inspired by the untamed Canadian landscape, and enhances the award winning creative and cutting edge cuisine.
We are looking for an inspirational, experienced Food & Beverage leader to join the team, and work with us as we continue to grow, enhance and create the next step in Tundra's exciting journey.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Creates a welcoming presence and leads our team of professionals in providing service excellence for our guests.
* Researches, evaluates, recommends and implements changes in food & beverage concepts, new products, standards, service and style.
* Assists in preparing the F&B profit plan & monitoring performance.
* Coordinates with the Executive Chef in the menu planning process, reviewing menus and prices and recommending changes, evaluating market trends and implementing price changes.
* Arranges and co-ordinates promotional and special events.
* Constantly seeks out ways to enhance service and increase volumes and profit through effective, innovative implementation of the F&B strategies.
* Develops and maintains close and effective working relationship with all supporting departments, particularly with the Executive Chef and Director of Sales & Marketing.
* Works closely with the Banqueting Department, ensuring synergies and optimization of resources where applicable.
* Coordinates F&B marketing strategies; Takes an active role in sales & marketing by surveying market to know guest needs, creating special menus for catered events to increase sales and developing innovative ideas to increase average checks, increase covers and increase liquor sales in bars & restaurant.
* Maintains an active presence on the floor with guests, team members and colleagues.
* Inspects and tastes prepared foods on a daily basis to ensure quality ingredients, good presentations, recipes meet standards while ensuring health and safety standards are met.
* Supervises the team, interviewing and hiring new team members, carrying out performance appraisals & directing the training and development of team members.
* Properly administers the provisions outlined in the Collective Agreement.
* Conducts regular department meetings, providing objective and constructive feedback to the team members. Ensures the professional development, growth, and work satisfaction of all team members.
* Ensures hotel is in compliance with all provincial and local laws.
* Ensures cash and liquor control policies are in place and maintained.
* Participates in professional organizations in the industry and community organizations and maintain Hilton's profile in the community.
* Evaluate guest satisfaction levels, based on guest feedback with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action.
* Set achievable short- and long-term functional goals for departments
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role you should be able to demonstrate the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- A strong food and beverage background, with a minimum of four years in an F&B management role
- Strong knowledge of wine, beer and spirits.
- Certified Food Handler & Beverage Handler.
- Effective management skills (upwards and downwards) and willingness to coach and train others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain strong relations with guests and all team members.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle numerous tasks at any one time; ability to work within deadlines.
- Knowledge of development and execution of business plans and budgets; Experience in development of F&B promotions and activities.
- Experience managing a unionised environment.
- Flexible schedule, must be able to work Evenings and weekends.
What benefits will I receive?
You will be offered a competitive benefits package. As a team member you will also become eligible to receive discounts products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.