About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Food Service team at Cineplex Entertainment has an immediate opening for the position of Category Manager, Outtakes (Food & Beverage Brand Leader) reporting to the Executive Director, Food Service. Success in this hands-on position requires a strong food service and project management background with a passion for guest service and an ability to work both tactically and strategically. Your experience and attention to detail will be challenged with large scale accountabilities and attention to the smallest detail.
As a member of the Food Service department, this position will work cross-functionally with the Cineplex Operations, Training, Purchasing, Construction, and IT departments, plus positively represent the organization in dealings with key external suppliers. The successful candidate will be a role model of the Company’s Values, abide by the Cineplex Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and facilitate organizational relationships internally and externally.
The Category Manager is responsible for developing and implementing category strategies to support the current and multi-year Cineplex Entertainment food service business plan.
- Maintain an on call knowledge of category performance from a national, regional and theatre perspective.
- Set aggressive and timely financial targets and track performance.
- Oversee the development and achievement of related financial objectives.
- Maintain up to date project timelines and budget positions.
- Build strong vendor relations and partnerships for the mutual interest of both parties.
- Support regional efforts including guest service, cast engagement and safety, training and development.
- Demonstrate, encourage and recognize the adherence to organizational values and attention to the agreed upon internal service standards and code of conduct.
- Develop, administrate and leverage cross functional relationships with external and internal partners.
- Identify business/sales opportunities inside and out of assigned categories.
- Engage stakeholders through regular communication and theatre tours to resolve operational concerns.
- Lead innovation activities, including new product and process development.
- Prepare field ready programs and new product launches (definition, sourcing, contracts, marketing, packaging and logistics).
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders, designers, architects and trades to continuously improve and update physical category-specific areas.
- Create selling strategies, materials and tools aligned with expectations for new initiatives.
- Jointly develop category business plans with cross functional teams that are consistent with consumer expectations and overall corporate direction.
- Direct the development and implementation of a food service marketing plan and subordinate initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to develop programs and performance measures in support of driving sales and brand promises.
- Develop content and training tools in collaboration with Talent Development and support its implementation.
- Lead quarterly evaluations of business categories, understand segment/category trends, monitor and report results to targets.
- Identify opportunity gaps through statistical analysis and on-site visits.
- Oversee vendor relationships and interactions and collaborate on procurement and logistics.
- Oversee strategic and day-to-day development of the Merchandising business.
- Direct the development and implementation of merchandising initiatives and support all company objectives.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a multi-unit role in the food/restaurant or entertainment environment
- Experience in Brand or Category Management
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Hospitality, Culinary or Marketing
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- A desire for continual learning
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead within a team of professionals
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with an ability to manage multi-tasked assignments
- Attention to detail, organized and able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
Interested applicants please click http://www.cineplex.com/Global/Careers/ViewJobs to locate the Category Manager, Outtakes (Food & Beverage Brand Leader) role and click on the “Apply Now” button to submit an application for consideration.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please