The Westchester Country Club
Location: US - NY - Rye
Rye, NY, US 10580
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Executive Housekeeper in supervising the work of housekeeping staff and maintaining housekeeping standards according to club policy. The Housekeeping Supervisor will provide overall support to the operations of the housekeeping department throughout the hotel. This includes guestrooms, hallways, lobbies, public areas, rest areas, laundry, storage and work areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assists Executive Housekeeper in effective training, motivation and guidance of housekeeping and laundry staff
Participates in cost control systems for staffing, inventories, (linen, terry, OS&E and cleaning supplies.
Enforces policies and procedures in the department.
Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting members needs and that member relations are enhanced.
- Directs hourly associates in all areas of the department.
- Prepares daily assignment sheets for all housekeeping and laundry associates.
- Maintains cleanliness quality based on club objectives.
- Performs daily inspection of guest rooms including vacant clean and occupied rooms and instructs on necessary corrections and rechecks to make sure that corrections have been made.
- Inspects monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in event areas, storage areas, restrooms and public areas and offices.
- Compiles and reports accurate status of all transient rooms to the front desk department.
- Update room statuses in the computer.
- Assist Room Attendants as needed, provide necessary training.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Performs housekeeping services as necessary to ensure continuity of services (cleaning room, tidy up public spaces).
- Checks all public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day.
- Maintains departmental key control.
- Maintains deep cleaning program.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Complete projects as determined by the Executive Housekeeper.
Education and Experience:
2-3 years of housekeeping experience, with at least 1 year in a Supervisory role
Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Good organizational skills and an ability to multitask is a must for dealing with diverse duties and situations.
Well versed in Hospitality
Language and Communication Skills:
Must be able to communicate & interact professionally with members & employees in English language.
Ability to communicate in Spanish – a plus