Location: US - TX - Irving
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations of the club. The Chef ensures the highest quality of food quality for Members and their guests. The Chef prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, cost controls and labor management. S/he coordinates the ordering and monitoring of all food and kitchen wares and the engineering of all menu items to maintain the proper contribution margin.
The Chef is also responsible for hiring of all kitchen staff and their training/development through education and creative instruction. By ensuring standardization of recipes and plate presentation for a la Carte venues and catered events, the Chef and his Culinary team deliver a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests.
The Chef is an advocate and ambassador of exceptional service and understanding the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
- Culinary School graduate.
- Two years experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent.
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the House payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employees and guests.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.