About ClubCorpDallas-based ClubCorp was founded in 1957. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs and alumni clubs in 26 states, the District of Columbia, China and Mexico.
Located in Jacksonville’s most desirable district, Deercreek Country Club offers easy access to all major transportation arteries. The centerpiece for the Deercreek experience is a 285-acre wildlife and wetlands preserve. Golf at its best must always convey a sense of adventure, and Deercreek never disappoints as rare birds and native wildlife eye every shot. Set in a gated neighborhood, Deercreek offers a warm family-oriented setting and a Southern welcome.
The Executive Chef (Chef) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations of the club. This department head ensures the highest quality of food quality for Members and their guests. The Chef prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, cost controls and labor management. S/he coordinates the ordering and monitoring of all food and kitchen wares and the engineering of all menu items to maintain the proper contribution margin.
The Chef is also responsible for hiring of all kitchen staff and their training/development through education and creative instruction. By ensuring standardization of recipes and plate presentation for a la Carte venues and catered events, the Chef and his Culinary team deliver a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests.
The Chef is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
- Culinary School graduate.
- Two years experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent.
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room.
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the House payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests.
- Bilingual (English - Spanish) communication ability preferred.