About ClubCorpDallas-based ClubCorp was founded in 1957. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs and alumni clubs in 26 states, the District of Columbia, China and Mexico.
The Director of Operations reports directly to the General Manager and is a department head position. This position provides a unique, hands-on opportunity for candidates with strong operations experience, placing him/her in a role to learn the requisite skills to become a successful leader within the organization.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Operations includes maintaining exceptional Member relations and club facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations and maintenance. S/he will develop aggressive sales, marketing and revenue plans and direct successful implementation working hand in hand with the General Manager.
The Director of Operations participates in preparing an annual financial budget and achieves these goals throughout the year through proper forecasting, cost controls, labor management and revenue generating programs.
S/he will also oversees all food service within the club, including the daily culinary operations through the Executive Chef and all catering events through the Private Events Director. This position will ensure that all mandated training programs are implemented and service standards are executed. S/He will be key in recruiting, selecting and developing a qualified staff of Employee Partners to understand the relationship between value, Member satisfaction and Member retention. Create and maintain an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect and actively participate in Club events and gather feedback post-event.
The Director of Operations is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that Membership and exceeding expectations plays in the success of the operation.
- College degree preferred
- 3 -5 years of management experience within private Club, hospitality, restaurant or hotel industry preferred
- Proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills
- Solid understanding of a la carte and banquet revenue generation
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to service payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses
- Track record of consistently achieving financial results
- Strong technical literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, employee partners and guests.