Join Our Ambassadors of FreshDynamic, friendly people? Check! Team-oriented environment? Check! Opportunities for advancement? Double check!! Start a fresh new career with Spectra Food Service & Hospitality and the sky's the limit! We'll provide excellent training to help you learn new skills and the finer points of food service as you become a hospitality professional.
- Convention Centers
- Major and Minor League Sports Venues
- Race Tracks
- Exposition Centers
We are currently seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced DIRECTOR OF FOOD & BEVERAGE to oversee our food service operations at the Vee Quiva Casino at Gila River in Phoenix, AZ. The Vee Quiva Casino is a premier gaming facility that offers a wide variety of casino gaming options and food services as well as live entertainment.
The Director of Food and Beverage will report to the Regional Executive Director and assist in managing both the planning and the execution of the Director’s goals in accordance with the vision of the products and services for the casino.
The Director of Food and Beverage Operations will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and support to management and direct reports within the Food and Beverage Department. Holds key position on the executive management team.
- Responsible for upholding Spectra Food Services & Hospitality integrity and standards for quality and service; establish and ensure completion of operational priorities.
- Producing and managing annual budgets; support all food and beverage profit and operational improvement. Reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements with department managers and Executive Director.
- Implementing effective controls for food, beverage and labor costs among all departments.
- Achieving and exceeding financial, guest service, and associate metrics goals.
- Identifying and assisting in the resolution of operational deficiencies, deviations and variances to standards Assist with menu engineering, procurement efficiencies, sales enhancements, productivity improvement and concept reinvention.
- Ensure departments develop and implement schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve ultimate products and services with a profitable result.
- Continuously evaluates performance and encourages improvement of all food and beverage team members.
- Oversee departmental training, mentoring and success coach programs to develop well-trained team members at all levels of the operation.
- Ensure quality standards and service are maintained for People, Product, Process (and compliance), Projects, and Profit.
- Provides assistance and instruction to team members and makes routine hiring decisions.
- Communicates daily with management, other department heads, and team members to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.er management, and department heads and employees to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent people management skills, the ability to manage multiple venues.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with team members, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability and full understanding to calculate advanced math functions dealing with P&L statements, financial statements and POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- BA or BS with culinary major, or degree from a nationally recognized culinary school.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in restaurant, multi-outlet experience. Preferably in a casino environment.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Working knowledge of Stratton Warren, MICROS, preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP), Liquor Liability and Control Management Certification, and other required compliance training.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid gaming license from the State Gaming Agency and Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work and must renew annually.
Qualified candidates should apply online by clicking the "Apply" button
Spectra Food Services & Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/V/F/D encouraged to apply
No recruiter or staffing sales calls, applicant calls or walk-ins, please