Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs all opening and closing assignments as assigned by management
- Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers when time permits.
- Answers all questions regarding the menu accurately
- Takes food and beverage orders accurately and in a timely fashion
- Delivers quality products to the guest in a friendly and professional manner and in accordance with hotel standards
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area and dining room
- Monitors the flow of guests and food and beverage items
- Enters orders into the computer accurately and efficiently
- Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to upgrade the check average
- Handles financial transactions accurately an din accordance with established procedures
- Performs sidework duties as assigned
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Attends scheduled meeting and training classes.
- Assists the server assistants in duties
- Seats and greets the guest when requested
- Answers the telephone in the absence of a greeter
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Remains current with hotel information and changes.
- Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be customer service oriented
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: At least one year F&B service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: N/A
The physical demands, mental effort and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.