The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is seeking an Executive Chef to join our team. Loews Philadelphia Hotel offers supremely comfortable 581 guest rooms, including 12 suites and 54 concierge club rooms, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Philadelphia Hotel features 47,000 square feet of versatile conference space. For more information about the Loews Philadelphia Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/Philadelphia-Hotel.
The Executive Chef is a key player on the Culinary team, responsible planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the selection and production of all food items, ensuing the highest level of product quality, presentation, and sanitation. Responsible for menu planning, recipe creation, food ordering, food production, storage, and sanitation, labor staffing and scheduling. Directs the hiring, training, and supervision of all food production employees.
More specifically responsibilities include:
- Creates recipes and menus which reflect customer tastes, seasonal availability, and restaurant theme
- Plans menus and establishes portions and pricing which adhere to marketing, cost control, and profit goals
- Conducts menu abstract analysis and engineering functions to improve profit and quality performance
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, the hotel’s guest mix, and industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns.
- Develops daily, seasonal and special event menus designed to increase sales and enhance the guest experience
- Manages all kitchen activities to ensure minimum losses due to waste and breakage
- Ensures adherence to all established food service sanitation standards and controls
- Establishes and maintains adherence to all food inspection and receiving standards
- Schedules, directs, and supervises the activities of all Chefs, Sous Chefs, Cooks, Butchers, and Pantry employees
- Designs skills level training and development plans for all food production employees
- Directs the hiring and training of all culinary personnel
- Ensures that kitchen employees have all required equipment and supplies
- Establishes regular cleaning, inspection, and maintenance schedules which maintain the excellent condition of all kitchen equipment
- Analyzes and responds to any food quality complaints, adapting menus or providing additional training as necessary
- Other tasks as deemed appropriate
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: Six to ten years experience as an Executive Chef at a large, upscale hotel or resort or
Ten + years experience in multi-outlet food production management
Licenses or Certificates: ACF certification as "Executive Chef" or culinary degree from recognized culinary institute and equivalent experience