Be an integral part of one of the most highly anticipated restaurant openings in 2014, Bank & Bourbon. Designed by nationally recognized design firm Meyer Davis and housed in the iconic PSFS Building, Bank & Bourbon promises to deliver one of the finest dining experiences in Philadelphia.
Kitchen Server responsibilities are to deliver food to the dining room, lounge and bar area of the restaurant. Provide friendly, responsive service to create a memorable dining experience for all of our guests. Each Kitchen Servers primary objective is to provide a flawless experience and ensure guest loyalty.
- Must be passionate about food, beverage and service
- Executes sequence of service and service standards as prescribed in Service Manual
- Performs all opening and closing side work as prescribed
- Passes Service and Food Certification to 90%
- Communicates frequently with the Chef on the flow in the dining room, bar and lounge
- Communicates frequently with the FOH team on the status of the Kitchen
- Regularly expedites in the absence of the Chef
- Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers whenever necessary
- Regular articulates ingredients of dishes to guests tableside
- Performs tableside service when applicable
- Stocks and/or restocks all FOH Kitchen Service Stations as needed.
- Assists Front Waiter when necessary in order to clear, clean, and resets tables according to standards.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant/hotel functions and services accurately.
- Monitors and observe guest’s dining experience. Ensure guest satisfaction with the food, beverage and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow Captains as situations arise.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Handles guest requests promptly and efficiently
- Marks tables with proper silverware when necessary
- Ensures all food arrives to the table at the same time
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area, and dining room.
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Attends scheduled meeting and training classes.
- Remains current with hotel information and changes.
- Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Basic knowledge of food and cooking techniques.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Education: High school diploma preferred
Experience: Upscale restaurant experience preferred in similar role