Line Cook Jobs in Dallas
Dallas is a big city with lots to offer its visitors. The famous Dallas Cowboys, hot spots for shopping, food from around the world and the largest urban arts district in the country. All these visitors need to eat and there are plenty of opportunities for Line Cook jobs in Dallas, part-time or full-time, in the city and surrounding areas on the Hcareers website.
Line Cooks in Dallas make between $13.06 and $15.37/hour in restaurants, diners, and hotels, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Whether you’re a morning line cook, or a PM cook, full time or part-time, there are plenty of jobs across the many hotels and eateries in the area.
Employers typically include fast-casual restaurants, 5-Star eateries, specialty venues in ethnic neighborhoods as well as all levels of hotels, sporting arenas, hospitals, retirement homes, and caterers. You’ll have the chance to work with cuisines from all over the world, including, Korean, Nepali, Iraqi, French, Japanese and Italian.
Hiring managers are looking for line cooks with strong skills to serve their guests and become part of the kitchen staff. They want team players who can:
- Stock and set up work stations with all the supplies they need
- Prep food by chopping vegetables, butchering meat and mixing sauces, etc.
- Follow directions and cook menu items consistently
- Keep a clean station and safely store leftovers
- Time the food to come out simultaneously and with quality prep
- Make sure you know your sanitation regulations
- Have a good, professional attitude
- Be willing to work weekends and holidays
Once you’ve mastered your skills, there are a variety of options open to you to further your career. Your next step might be sous chef, where you’d supervise the line cooks and handle some scheduling. From there, you may move up to executive sous chef and eventually executive chef. You’ll likely need further education and the guidance of a mentor as you rise through the ranks.
Check out the current listings for line cooks, part-time and full-time in the Dallas area. Start applying today and begin your culinary journey.