Laundry Attendant Jobs in San Francisco
San Francisco draws visitors from all over the world for its famous sights, great food and entertainment. So, of course, there’s plenty of business for the hotel and restaurant industries and always a need for Laundry Attendants, full time and part-time. Hcareers has listings for laundry attend jobs in San Francisco – so take a look and find the right job for you.
Laundry attendants can expect to make an average of $11.43/hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. There may be a slightly higher wage for night guest laundry attendants, depending on the hotel and its clientele. A laundry person operates washing or dry-cleaning machines and should expect to be able to lift up to 50 pounds and sustain continuous physical activity during the entire shift.
All types of hotels and restaurants, hospitals, convention centers and assisted living facilities as well as amusement parks, large gyms and spas all need laundry attendants. Any company using linens, bedding or towels in their daily operations is a potential employer for a part-time or full-time laundry attendant.
Typical duties employers expect are:
- Sort laundry and treat all stains
- Be able to load laundry into the machine and use appropriate cleaning agents
- Dry items according to directions
- Sort and fold the clean, dry items
- Keep supplies on hand and order when necessary
- Report any repair requirements and maintain machines as needed
- Perform additional laundry services when asked
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and sustain continuous physical activity
- Be flexible with shifts on weekends and holidays
Laundry attendants are part of the overall housekeeping and maintenance staff. Career options include moving into other housekeeping/room attendant jobs and working your way up to head housekeeper or management.
Use the Hcareers job listings as your resource for finding the right laundry attendant job for you in the San Francisco and Oakland area.