Host Jobs in Dallas
Being a Host or Hostess in Dallas means meeting lots of interesting people visiting your city, as well as the locals and inviting them to enjoy the wide variety of food and culture Dallas has to offer. Take a look at the list of opportunities for all types of host and hostess jobs in the area on the Hcareers website.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, host and hostesses for restaurants, breakfast service, gallery and lead can expect to make between $10.72 and $12.38/hour depending on where you work and how much experience you have. Texas ranks just behind California in the nation with the highest employment rates for hosts/hostesses and Dallas is in the top five metropolitan areas for this type of job.
Employers include all types of restaurants, diners, country clubs, and resorts. You’ll have quite a variety of options to experience the different cuisines and culture that Dallas has to offer.
Hiring managers are looking for the Host or Hostess that can represent the vision of the venue and provide superior customer service by:
- Providing a warm and welcoming presence to customers
- Doing a great job of monitoring the waitlist and managing patrons
- Handling reservations efficiently
- Projecting a confident manner when seating guests
- Making sure the staff is aware of available seating
- Catering to guests with special needs (elderly, children, mobility-impaired)
- Capably answering questions in-person and over the phone
- Showing flexibility for working the shifts needed on weekends and holidays
A typical career path in this job may include a move up to “Lead Host” or “Lead Hostess” where you may manage schedules and train the staff. You may develop an interest in banquet work or moving into the food and beverage area to further your career.
Be sure to search Hcareers for Host and Hostess jobs in Dallas openings in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to see what opportunities are available to you.