Banquet Set Up Houseperson
Loews Miami Beach Hotel is seeking a Banquet Set Up Houseperson. Loews Miami Beach hotel is a 4 Diamond Luxury Beach Front Hotel with 790 rooms, 65,000 square feet of meeting space, and 7 Food & Beverage Outlets. For more information on the Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com
This position is responsible for:
- Reviews Event Order and assignment sheet to determine function requirements
- Assure that all cleaning duties are completed (doors, door frames, walls, air walls and all assign.
- Complete cleaning inspection for each meeting room and assigned area/
- Maintain cleanliness standards and excellent condition of equipment and surrounding work areas.
- Communicate promptly to all guest request
- Assure that inventory are kept and report any lost to Supervisors / Managers
- Report any and all guest request changes to Banquet Manager/ Conference Coordinators.
- Assure that all equipment is kept in clean working condition
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One + years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 100 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to push, pull or other wise move portable table /chair cart units from storage area to function rooms
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand Long periods at a time.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V