Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
BASIC PURPOSE: Acts as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction
- Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Responds to inquiries with appropriate action and provides accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Be familiar with all current events and activities in San Diego and help educate fellow associates with the area i.e. social, cultural historical and physical attractions.
- Arranges and confirms recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel. Promptly responds to requests for dentists, doctors, childcare, florists, etc.
- Creates activities and provides information and support to ensure total guest satisfaction for group clientele.
- Responds to guest complaints, conducts research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiates results. Listens and assists in resolving problems Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.
- Escorts VIP guests to accommodations.
- Ensure that the high standards of cleanliness for the concierge lounge and lobby area are always kept.
- Continuously keeping concierge lounge clean and stocked to include but not limited to: bussing and wiping down guest tables, washing and polishing dishes, restocking all food and beverage needs in a timely manner, calling the kitchen for additional food during service hours.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Front Office Manager / Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Maintain and control concierge equipment.
- Perform duties concerning check-in and check-out of concierge guests with the Front Desk according to procedures.
- Use and update Concierge Assistant program according to procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Prior hospitality experience in San Diego preferred
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand continuously up to 8 hours per shift
- Walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Learning and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Must have active Food Handlers and TIPS Cards with in 30 days of employment