Food & Beverage Manager
Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Location: US - CA - Santa Clara
Santa Clara, CA, US 95054
Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Reports To: Food & Beverage Director / General Manager
Supervises Directly: Hops Bar Servers, Bus Persons, Cashiers, Bartenders and Cocktail Servers.
Purpose for the Position: To assist in the supervision and management of assigned food and beverage department.
To be fully familiar with hotel and company standards regarding food and beverage.
To work in assigned department and perform all position.
Ensure assigned departments are adequately staffed of all time.
Monitor guest service standards and conduct training where needed.
Attend to guest needs and promote an atmosphere is warm and welcoming.
Communicate with all departments with regards to food and beverage topics.
Become fully conversant with food and beverage presentation standards and ensure they are complied with.
Uphold maintenance standards in the department and ensure there is a regular cleaning schedule.
File all reports and record incidents as per hotel policy.
Assist in Human Resources procedures with regard to hiring, training, and disciplinary of employees according to hotel policy.
Prepare all purchase order and ensure the department operates within the organization guidelines.
Any other tasks or projects as designated by management.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Ability to exercise sound reasoning and good judgment.
- Interpret and enforce established policies.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operation.
- Make business decisions based on productions reports and similar facts as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
- Deal with the general public, customers, employee, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.