At Kimpton it all starts with our culture, which is focused on supporting our employees' personal and professional growth. We believe that if we take care of our employees they will be able to take care of our guests, ensuring the satisfaction of our investors and our future. Our culture inspires confidence and leads to caring service that comes straight from the heart.
We also are a socially responsible employer and citizen thanks to our Kimpton EarthCare and Kimpton Cares programs. Kimpton EarthCare is our industry-leading environmental program in which we have adopted eco-friendly operational practices and products to do our part in supporting a sustainable world.
We are proudly celebrating our 5th year on Fortune Magazine's "Best Companies to Work For" list.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to: (other duties may be assigned)
- Meet with desk agents to get any pertinent information.
- Review Front Desk logbook for any other information or incidents.
- Review all arrivals noting any special requests or challenges.
- Assess whether any guest relocation will be necessary.
- Make sure all department's shifts are covered as scheduled, cover as necessary.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensure proper credit policies are followed.
- Inspect all VIP arrival rooms.
- Attend Wine Hour.
- Assist guests with services and requests.
- Knowledgeable of Fire and Emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of the restaurants, amenities, clubs, bonded child care, florists, etc
, services available to guests.
- Personally develop close working relationships with the above mentioned vendors.
- Assist with Front Desk functions in the absence of the desk agent.
- Assist guests with making reservations for future dates.
- Attend departmental meetings, training classes/seminars when scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisors.
- Complete other departmental duties as they become necessary.
- Professional contact via telephone with all other hotel departments such as, Reservations, Sales, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, Valet, Engineering, etc
is crucial to ensure that hotel services are coordinated to provide the best in guest and employee satisfaction.
- Assist guests and other departments with shipping and receiving needs.
- Log all package messages in the property management system as required by the hotel.
- Check package log and storage daily to ensure that all packages are being kept track of properly, and that all guests are aware of the receipt of anything.
- Notify immediate supervisor of any scheduling problems or special requests.
- Assist with any desk agent training.
- Monitor and work closely with Hotel Manager to ensure that all areas of Front Office operations are meeting the required guest and employee service levels consistently.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as well as other duties specified by their Supervisor or Manager. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
two years related experience and/or training as supervisor
Flexible schedule, must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
Enough about us - it's all about you! As a consistently named Best Place to Work both nationally and locally, we provide many benefits to our employees. After all, if we want you to care for our guests, we have to care about you first! Are we right?
• Subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision
• Programs for continuous growth and career development such as Kimpton University and a
formalized Mentor program
• A Managers' Parental Leave Program
• Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts
• Paid sabbaticals for General Managers and Executive Chefs