Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Title/Position: Loss Prevention Officer
Reports to: Loss Prevention Manager
Purpose and Scope:
* Responsible for the protection of the Hotel property, Guests, Associates, and their assets.
* Conducts Preliminary Investigations of criminal and non-criminal incidents.
* Prepares computer generated written reports on all incidents affecting the operations and welfare of the Hotel and property.
Primary Responsibilities, Essential Functions and Tasks:
* Conducts foot patrols using a data collector throughout Hotel property to observe, respond to and report any suspicious activities, security problems, and safety hazards.
* Prepares computer generated incident reports and computer generated daily shift reports that affect the welfare and operation of the Hotel and property.
* Interviews Guests and Associates as required for the safety and welfare of all.
* Primarily responds to emergencies, ie
(fire, smoke, illnesses, injuries, disturbances, and unusual incidents).
* Assists Guests with information, directions, or any other assistance needed.
* Assists other Departments with the general operation of the Hotel, ie
(traffic control, crowd control, access to secured areas, personnel escorts, money escorts, etc
* Testify in a hearing, (ie
court of law).
* Evidence Custodian, (making sure all evidence is properly handled and maintained in a secure and safe manner).
* Conducts surveillance for the safety of all Guests and Associates when necessary; be proficient with the DX7100 digital video recorder.
* Flexible hours to accommodate emergency situations and any on going investigation when required.
* Assist the LP Supervisor in the training of newly assigned Loss Prevention Officers.
* Provides assistance and support of all other Loss Prevention Officers.
Secondary responsibilities, Additional Functions and Tasks:
* Check required reading boards, function sheets, and pass down logs for any important information for the day.
* Performs any duty necessary for the good of the department.
* Performs all duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
* Conducts daily/weekly inventories of the Hotels First Aid Supplies.
* Collects used Ving cards from the Room Attendant Carts bi-weekly.
Guest service oriented
Ability to handle conflict