Guest Service Agent
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Guest Service Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-exempt
CREATED: November 1, 2012
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICE AGENT is to serve as the primary contact for all guests thorughout their stay and effectively and efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate the front desk according to standard operating procudres and with exceptional guest service.
• Operate with accuracy the reservation system, check-in and checkout system and credit card system.
• Check registration (folio) cards for completeness, accuracy, and legibility.
• Maintain accurate cash sheet. Responsible for cash drawer balancing.
• Operate the switchboard and disperse calls as required by your shift. Take guest messages and faxes with accuracy, always noting the date and time of message. Repeat message back to caller to assure the accuracy of the message. Use message light to tell guests that they have a message waiting.
• Know emergency procedures and how to respond.
• Never say a guest’s room number out loud.
• Be knowledgable of hotel promotions.
• Know room rate. Also know the amenities of the rooms so you can inform guests of what to expect in their rooms.
• Know physical makeup of building-exterior and interior. Know where the closest shopping, convenience store and gas station is.
• Complete daily reports, audits correspondences etc. as required by your shift.
• Keep lobby and office area clean at all times,
• Set wake-up calls as dictated by your shift.
• Prepare room status sheet for housekeeping and update housekeeping on rooms available to clean as guests checkout or leave for the day.
• Take and confirm credit cards for validity and acceptability.
• Lock and secure area if leaving the front desk, even if it is for a moment!
• Create incident reports for guest injuries / issues when required.
• Answere all calls within three (3) rings. All calls are to be answered in a “scripted” manner.
• Take and record reservations with accuracy. Confirm as requested.
• Resolve guest complaints.
• Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes presribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
• Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
• Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
• Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
• Takes responsibility for own actions.
• Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
• Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to speak English fluently.
• Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• May be exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the shift
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Postion is expected to:
• Stand more than 2/3 of the time
• Walk less han 1/3 of the time
• Sit less than 1/3 of the time
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel more than 2/3 of the time
• Reach with hands and arms less than 1/3 of the time
• Talk or hear percentage all of the time
• Lift up to 15 lbs
• Push / pull up up to 10 pounds