Front Office Manager/Assistant General Manager
The Soon to be Open Hampton Inn & Suites Woodlawn MD
1810 Security BLVD Woodlawn MD 21244
THE HAMPTON INN WOODLAWN MD IS LOOKING FOR A FRONT OFFICE MANAGER/ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER. THIS POSITION IS IDEAL FOR A LEAD FRONT DESK AGENT WHO IS READY FOR THE NEXT STEP OR A FRONT OFFICE MANAGER WHO WANTS TO GAIN OPENING EXPERIENCE TO BUILD A TEAM FROM THE GROUND UP.
- Maintains standards of guest services quality as established by systems operation and Corporate management...using such metrics as Hilton's SALT service scoring system, Tripadvisor, and other metrics.
- Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses, and maximizes profitability related to the Guest Services Department.
- Contributes to the profitability and perception of guest satisfaction of other hotel departments.
- Develops short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the Guest Services Department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Increases level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
- Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Manages in compliance with Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Manages the Reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily room rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Examines the day’s reservations for correct date, type of room reserved, and any special request.
- Complies with the hotel’s security and emergency procedures.
- Complies with all corporate office and franchise policies and procedures.
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the front desk area.
- Provides assistance to other employees to contribute to the smooth operation of the department and hotel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to stand for entire shift; walking to a significant degree. Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and other members of the front office staff, and to answer telephone calls. Requires ability to sit for a long period of time. Requires ability to perform repetitive tasks (e.g., sitting at the PBX and working on a computer). Requires ability to lift 50-75 pounds infrequently.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with applicable franchise front desk standards and procedures or ability (gained through 2+ years previous experience related employment or front desk experience) to quickly become familiar with franchise standards and procedures. Must possess knowledge of hotel interdepartmental relationships as well as all operations pertaining to front desk (Reservations, Guest Registration, Concierges Services, Bell Services, Telephone Services, Guest Accounting). Must have ability to handle/resolve guest complaints and/or knowledge/understanding of when and how to direct the guest to receive assistance. Must have ability to professionally represent the hotel, deal positively with the public, and possess pleasant telephone manner. Knowledgeable in reservations/inventory management with onQ Property Management systems is highly preferred.
Educational/Vocational Preparation: Associate’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or business preferred; however, ability gained through 2+ years previous Front Office experience or on-the-job training may substitute for degree. Previous supervisory experience is required.
Minimum of 1 year experience as a Front Desk Shift Supervisor or 2 years as a Lead Front Desk Agent in a Hilton branded hotel.
Knowledge of OnQ is a plus.
Must have valid drivers license in good standing
Ability to multitask
Strong Accounting & Administrative skills
Leadership skills and ability to build a team with common goals for overall service culture.
Ability to effectively handle both guest and employee questions & concerns.
Must be a team player