In 1981, Bill Kimpton pioneered the boutique hotel concept in the United States. His dream was to provide weary travelers with a haven of comfort, service, security and style. Oh, and how about a nice glass of wine and a good meal at the end of the day, too? Today we stay true to Bill Kimpton's legacy by offering personalized service, feel-good amenities like our Hosted Evening Wine Hour, and one-of-a-kind hotels and restaurants.
At Kimpton, we believe in a culture that includes people, one that celebrates the individuality of our guests and employees alike. We're equally devoted to the greater good and have led the hospitality industry with our innovative EarthCare program. Perhaps it's this unique mix of individual expression and social responsibility that inspires a strong emotional connection with our guests. According to Market Metrix Hospitality Index™, Kimpton has the highest customer satisfaction scores (93%+) and emotional attachment scores (89%) of any hotel company operating in the United States.
What do we look for in a candidate?
At Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, we're looking for people who feel completely at home extending genuine, heartfelt care and comfort to our guests. If you would like to bring your passion for service, your individuality, personality, focus and creativity to work with you every day, we would like to hear from you. Kimpton is a company that celebrates you for being you.
What's in it for you?
We're rock-steady in our belief that it's our incredible cast of individuals who make our hotels and restaurants so special in lives of millions of guests, and we celebrate them constantly. We have a good time here. We have parties and fund-raisers. Once a year, we "T.P." our general managers during Housekeeping Olympics. We hula hoop at meetings. We teach many thought-provoking courses through our Kimpton University, most of which have nothing to do with making beds or running a hotel or restaurant, but rather recognize how cool and valuable it is to be different from one another. We don't see dreadlocks as better as or worse than a shaggy bob, or that vegans are weird. Some of our executives have tattoos and ride bikes to work. Somehow, this all creates the spirit of the place - that we're all invaluable as we are and we can pretty much do anything we set our minds to. And then we get on and do it.
We are a company that believes in promoting from within, so we offer many programs for our employees to grow and develop. Kimpton University, Leadership Programs, One-on-One Mentorship and Management Training are just a few of the offerings we make available to employees to help them obtain their professional goals.
Kimpton offers competitive health insurance packages. Because our employees work hard and care deeply about what they do, we believe they deserve to have benefits that give them and their loved ones a sense of comfort.
Our health and wellness programs include:
• Comprehensive medical benefits.
• Long and Short Term Disability.
• Even a Pet Care Program for all kinds of family members, from furry to feathered.
• A managers' Parental Leave Program, for mothers, fathers and partners.
• Paid Vacation Time. All Kimpton employees are eligible after satisfying a probationary period.
• Health Care Subsidies for Restaurant Employees. Kimpton offers some benefits that are unheard of in the world of chef-driven destination restaurants. Both hourly and salaried employees receive a subsidy for medical, dental and vision and 100% for basic life insurance. We also have employee-paid disability benefits.
• Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts. Some more good reasons to join us. We encourage our employees to keep learning, growing and enjoying life in every way possible.
• Paid Sabbaticals. For General Managers and Executive Chefs.
Still not enough info? Check us out at www.IMKimpton.com, our site that was built and dedicated to our (current and future) employees!